This is a tasty addition to your picnic basket or patio gathering. It’s easy to make starting with a store-bought roasted chicken, adding cherries, nuts, and a few chili flakes for zip.
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds toasted
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp ginger grated (or use jarred)
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup celery thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup dried cherries chopped
- 2 cups roasted chicken chopped
- pita bread for serving
Place all ingredients except chicken into a large mixing bowl. Stir together. Add chicken and gently stir until combine, try not to break up the meat to much. Scoop mixture into pita halves.