Lenora, my mother in law, passed away in May this year. She was an excellent cook- one of her generation who went bravely into the recipes of Sunset magazine every month and taught many of us how to really like wonderful, well prepared food. Her clam dip most likely started with a Sunset recipe, but of course was modified and "improved" over the years. This recipe is one of our favorites- Emilee has picked up the mantle and makes it for us regularly when we go to the beach. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 8 oz cream cheese (use the "real" kind- low fat doesn't work well here)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 can minced clams drained- reserve liquid
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Mix together and use the reserved clam juice to get the desired consistency (remember that it will get thicker when it's refrigerated).