I posted a photo of this dish on my Facebook page, and several people asked for the recipe, so here it is and how I made it. I used pink riceand it was amazing. It's made with whole grain rice, spinach, basil, walnuts and goat cheese.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Whisk ingredients together and adjust seasoning.
- 4 cups whole grain rice, like brown, wild or red rice
- 4 cups baby spinach chopped
- ½ cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- 1 ½ cups sweet cherries pitted and cut in half
- ¼ cup basil leaves sliced for garnish
- 4 oz goat cheese for garnish
Place first 4 ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Pour in dressing and toss together. Pour mixture into a shallow serving bowl and top with basil and goat cheese. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.