These simple fritters were very popular in my Thai Vegetarian class. They are easy and quick to make. Serve them warm with sweet chili sauce. Also gluten-free!
- 3 cups frozen corn thawed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 small green chili seeded and chopped, or 2 to 3 slices of jarred jalapeno chili chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or gluten free Tamari
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¾ cup rice flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- sweet chili sauce for serving
Place first 7 ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Stir in rice flour and season to taste. Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large fry pan. Pour corn mixture into the frying pan ¼ cup at a time to form patties. Fry until browned on one side, then turn over patties and brown other side. Drain on paper towels. Keep finished patties warm while frying the rest. Serve with sweet chili sauce and garnish with chopped cilantro.