I have served this recipe at catered events for years. Everyone loves it! I've decided to share it with you so you too can make it for your friends.
- ½ cup onion chopped
- ¼ lb mushrooms chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 green onions chopped
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- ½ cup Swiss cheese grated
- ½ cup water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb smoked salmon (not lox) remember smoked salmon is salty
Heat oil in large fry pan and sauté onion and mushrooms until onions are translucent. Remove from heat. Mix everything together except salmon, then flake salmon into mixture and gently combine.
Place mixture in a oven proof serving dish. Bake at 350º for 20 to 30 minutes. It should look bubbly and heated through.
Serve hot with bread, cucumber slices, or red bell pepper slices.
Serves 6 to 8.